Faculty Of Health Science
East Africa University EAU is recognized nationally and internationally as an outstanding institution in terms of its education of health professionals, Furthermore, it is an institution with a tradition of excellence and a proud history. A great health sciences institution, however, never rests comfortably on its past successes. A great health sciences institution does more than make history – it makes the future. Management of EAU are deeply committed to success and this has been translated into an action agenda which recognizes the need for constant innovation and is dedicated to meet the health sciences challenges: those not yet conquered and those not yet known.
Students learn to make a life, make a living and make a difference. Graduates become community leaders that are distinct in their ability to think, communicate and contribute.
The Faculty of Health Sciences was awarded as a faculty status in 1st August 2006 and is renowned for excellence and innovation in teaching, research and professional practice. We offer undergraduate in the following departments
MISSION AND VISION
Faculty of Health Sciences is a non-profit institution of higher education, its mission is to change lives for good by offering high quality and relevant lifelong education to anyone with the desire to learn.
The mission is based on these philosophical principles:
- Education is a lifelong process and must be relevant to the student’s aspirations;
- Education should be affordable and offered, as much as possible, at the student’s convenience; and
- Opportunity to learn should be open to anyone with the desire to achieve
- To provide high quality educational service that satisfies the different needs of our society.
- To offer students graduated from secondary schools and other higher institutions; equivalent knowledge.
- To organize and offer quality training and skills to the people for development of the community.
- To encourage learning education in different fields of health sciences.
- To empower the educational level of the region
- To create awareness and confidence among the public to mobilize and use the input qualities and capabilities.
- To prepare a scientific research in different fields of health sciences.
- To promote peace and cohesion among the people of Somalia, and train manners and ethics in general that can help the coming generations to establish a sound future.
FOLLOWING REASONS JUSTIFY THE ESTABLISHMENT FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES. Poor levels of health professionals have severely limited the possibilities of building health sector in Somalia and in order to establish fully functioning health system at every level in a sustainable manner, it is precondition to produce human resources necessary.
- There is considerable number of secondary school leavers in Puntland, Somalia. These students require access to affordable and accessible higher education, as far as Higher Education goes and a lot of Somalia young population interesting Health sciences fields such as Clinical Officers, Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health and Nutrition field.
- The Faculty will contribute development national health programs particularly water sanitation, quality control food and drugs, control, prevention, elimination and eradication of communicable diseases, assessments, surveys and health researches and etc.
Our coursework offerings are informed by relevant, cutting-edge research and are integrated with quality teaching. Our academics include outstanding staff who are national and international leaders in their fields, aiming to provide a high quality, student centered learning experience. Following is chart that shows courses offered by the faculty.
We develop highly skilled and compassionate professionals in their chosen careers who aspire to the highest standards of integrity and ethical behavior.
Applying to Faculty of Heath Sciences is as follows;
- Complete, sign and return application form to the office.
- Include $15.00 for application fee with completed application.
- English proficiency test should be performed on site.
- Applicants should have secondary certificate.
The faculty now has a college of Public Health and nutrition which offers a 2 years diploma of Public Health and Nutrition in which after successful completion, students can persue Bachelor Degree at East Africa University Bosaso Campus.
Departments of Nursing and Medical Laboratory has already been established at Galka’io campus.