Faculty of Veterinary
- Credit hours and duration of the study
- General terms
- Qualification Profile
- The professional activities of graduates comprise, in particular
- Professional fields
- The goals of the studies of veterinary medicine
- Professional and key qualifications
- Qualification in the specialty of the student’s choice
- Distribution of Course Content
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine (FVM) was established in 2011 as an outlying campus under the umbrella of East Africa University. The Faculty is located in Bossaso, 1391kms north east of the capital, Mogadishu. As a center of excellence in animal health, it provides a five-year leading to the attainment of the degree of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM).
The Faculty of Veterinary Medicine aspires to be a regional center of excellence in teaching, research and services in the area of animal health and production that would contribute to sustainable improvement of health and productivity of animals at their highest practicable and economic level, subsequently, alleviate poverty and safeguard the public from health hazards originating from associations with animals and foods of animal origin.