Faculty of Civil Engineering
CIVIL EGINEERING PROGRAM
ESTABLISHMENT OF THE FACULTY OF ENGINEERING:
The faculty of engineering was established in 2011, the department of civil engineering was the first department that was started, the faculty is going to start other department like department of electronics, computer engineering and other departments.
OBJECTIVES OF TEACHING CIVIL ENGINEERING AT GRADUATE LEVEL
- To impart latest technical know how to the students in the field of Civil
Engineering and produce competent civil engineers who will play vital role in rehabilitation and development of the nation and the country.
- To make them conscious of the high principles of Islamic Ideology and Teaching.
- To inculcate in them the habit of hard work, sincerity and devotion towards their country in general and their profession in particular.
- To make them aware of the advancement of engineering knowledge in the developed countries so that they may keep themselves abreast with such developments.
- To impress upon them the spirit of discipline, teach them the code of ethics of the engineering profession and impress upon them to follow it during their practical life.
METHODS OF INSTRUCTIONS
This shall comprise the following
- Classroom lectures, duly supported by audio-visual aids, demonstrations and distribution of notes pertaining to the subject, whenever possible or wherever necessary.
- Laboratory experiments and design assignments.
- Instructional tours to appropriate establishments, concerns, construction sites, field stations, factories etc.
- Classroom discussions and lectures by renowned professionals.
- Enhanced use of modern computing facilities in the teaching-learning environment.